リー テンジョ Tianshu Li
Research Institute for Science and Engineering
Nanomedicine, Biomaterials, Drug Delivery System, Nanoparticles
Nanomedicine provides advanced strategies to improve the pharmacological properties and therapeutic effects of conventional medicines. Through multi-functional design of nanoparticles which carry therapeutic drugs, enhanced cellular uptake at the desired sites, for example tumors, and controlled drug release triggered by microenvironmental stimuli can be achieved. Therefore, nanocarriers such as liposomes are recognized as “smart” drug delivery system. Currently, I am focusing on the development of lipid nanoparticles as a non-viral gene delivery system in the applications of genome editing and cancer immunotherapy. I am also interested in exploring new biological characteristics of nanocarriers, for example immunostimulatory capabilities, which benefit the functional design of vaccine adjuvant.
1. Eugenio Redolfi Riva, Edoardo Sinibaldi, Agostina Francesca Grillone, Serena Del Turco, Alessio Mondini, Tianshu Li, Shinji Takeoka, Virgilio Mattoli, Enhanced In Vitro Magnetic Cell Targeting of Doxorubicin-Loaded Magnetic Liposomes for Localized Cancer Therapy, Nanomaterials (Basel). 2020;10(11) 2104. doi: 10.3390/nano10112104.
2. Tianshu Li, Matthias Zehner, Jieyan He, Tomasz Prochnicki, Gabor Horvath, Eicke Latz, Sven Burgdorf, Shinji Takeoka, NLRP3 inflammasome-activating arginine-based liposomes promote antigen presentations in dendritic cells, Int J Nanomedicine. 2019;14: 3503-3516. doi: 10.2147/IJN.S202379.
3. Jieyan He, Tianshu Li, Tomasz Prochnicki, Gabor Horvath, Eicke Latz, Shinji Takeoka, Membrane fusogenic lysine type lipid assemblies possess enhanced NLRP3 inflammasome activation potency, Biochem Biophys Rep. 2019;18: 100623. doi: 10.1016/j.bbrep.2019.100623.
4. Tianshu Li, Jieyan He, Gabor Horvath, Tomasz Prochnicki, Eicke Latz, Shinji Takeoka, Lysine-containing cationic liposomes activate the NLRP3 inflammasome: effect of a spacer between the head group and the hydrophobic moieties of the lipids, Nanomedine. 2018;14(2): 279-288. doi: 10.1016/j.nano.2017.10.011.
5. Tianshu Li, Takuya Amari, Kentaro Semba, Tadashi Yamamoto, Shinji Takeoka, Construction and evaluation of pH-sensitive immunoliposomes for enhanced delivery of anticancer drug to ErbB2 over-expressing breast cancer cells, Nanomedicine. 2017;13(3): 1219-1227. doi: 10.1016/j.nano.2016.11.018.
6. Agostina Grillone, Tianshu Li, Matteo Battaglini, Alice Scarpellini, Mirko Prato, Shinji Takeoka, Gianni Ciofani, Preparation, characterization, and preliminary in vitro testing of nanoceria-loaded liposomes, Nanomaterials (Basel). 2017; 7(9): 276. doi: 10.3390/nano7090276.